The Semantic Web Science Association (SWSA) is seeking statements of interest from organizations or consortia interested in hosting the 12th International Semantic Web Conference, ISWC 2013. The conference series usually moves regularly between the Americas, Europe, and the Asia/Pacific region. For the 2013 edition, we will accept bids from all locations, but we will give preference to the bids from the Asia/Pacific region. We expect the conference to take place in late October or early November 2013.
Organizations wishing to host ISWC 2013 should contact SWSA Secretary Dr. Natasha Noy who will work with the SWSA members who are co-ordinating the bidding process for ISWC 2013.
The process comprises two stages. During the first stage, SWSA solicits the statements of interest through an open call. They should be submitted using the statement of interest form. Once the first phase is complete, SWSA will shortlist a number of applications, who will be invited to submit a full proposal, using a standard form and budget template. More information about the ISWC Conference Series and the bidding process for hosting a conference in the series can be found in the ISWC Conference Guide.
The important dates for applying to host a Conference in 2013 are:
- August 1, 2011: Deadline for receiving statements of interest
- September 15, 2011: Notifications to shortlisted bids are sent out
- October 20, 2011: Formal applications received from shortlisted bids
- October 24 or 25, 2011: Presentation of the bid at the SWSA meeting in Bonn, Germany
- October 25, 2011: SWSA decides the location of the 2013 conference