The Journal of Web Semantics is participating in a 'Meet the Editors' panel at ISWC 2011. The panel will be held 11:00-12:30 on the opening day of ISWC, Tuesday October 25 and chaired by Rudi Studer of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute AIFB.
There are now more than half a dozen journals that publish semantic-web related research, and it is often difficult for authors to navigate this landscape. In this panel discussion, the editors from these journals will help the authors understand the different focus of each journal, the rewards and perils of journal publishing, and the steps in preparing their research for journal publications. The editors will then answer the authors' questions. The editors of the following journals will participate in the discussion.
- Artificial Intelligence Journal: Frank van Harmelen, Associate Editor
- Journal of Web Semantics: Tim Finin, Editor In Chief
- International Journal of Human-Computer Studies: Enrico Motta, Editor In Chief
- Applied Ontology: Michael Gruninger, Associate Editor
- Semantic Web Journal : Krzysztof Janowicz, Editor In Chief
- International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems : Amit Sheth, Editor In Chief
- IEEE Intelligent Systems: Jim Hendler, Editor In Cheif Emeritus
- Journal on Data Semantics: Heiner Stuckenschmidt, Co-editor